In this overview, we'll go through the 2 basic steps required to connect your Orca Sheets with Excel spreadsheets.
1. Generate your unique public Sheet URL
- Head over to https://cloud.orcascan.com and right-click the Sheet tab you want to connect and select the settings
- Enable Allow public URL access
- Copy the URL to your clipboard
- Save the uniquely generated URL (important)
2. Add your Orca Sheet URL to Excel
Now, over to Excel:
- Navigate to the Data section, and find the Get Data menu.
- Hover over From Other Sources, and choose From Web.
- The window below will surface - now paste the URL from Orca Scan.
- Connect with anonymous access (or configure if needed).
- Click Load.
Your Excel spreadsheet will now mirror everything in your Orca Sheet. So if you add, update or delete a row inside Orca Scan, Excel will pull them changes into your Excel Spreadsheet.
1. You can configure how Excel pulls data from your Orca Scan. Click the Refresh button to do that manually as seen here:
2. If you clear Orca Sheet, it will remove the data from your Excel Spreadsheet.
Head over to https://cloud.orcascan.com and log in to get started.
If you have any questions or you'd simply like to let us know how you're using this, drop us a line via live-chat in the bottom right corner of this page.
- Orca team