Cloud Sheets are like online spreadsheets that multiple users can collaborate on, scan directly into, pull information from, and update in real-time from their phone.
This overview includes of:
- Connecting your phone to the cloud sheet.
- How columns work just like entry fields in the app
- How to update items in real-time
- How the audit trails let's you track all changes
- You can create a free cloud sheet by logging in at https://www.orcascan.com/
- Then find it on your mobile phone.
- Once inside the cloud sheet, you're scans and changes will be pushed and saved in it. Go ahead and try.
- You can then add users with their Orca account and start determining how your column setup is going to look.
Columns are like entry fields in the app
The columns are shows as entry fields for connected users, so think of the columns as fields in the mobile app.
When adding columns, see the App Preview for field types and general user experience.
- We can add new columns with types like date, text, quantity and more.
We can also set rules like read-only or required to fill out.
GPS location (auto),
- Here's the full column configuration guide.
Update in real-time
You might also import your item barcodes with descriptions, or min/max inventory level so users are surfaced the data in those fields and can update when received, shipped, transferred or inspected.
In many cases, you will not want the users to modify the values that they pull down, like product descriptions or serial numbers.
- The trick is to configure the column rules (to make it Read-only i.e.)
Full traceability with the row history log
With the History log, all changes are traceable back to when, who, and what was changed. This is especially useful for producing audit trails or ensuring accountability.