Adding a separate Data Source to a sheet enables the app to search the Data Source first when a barcode is scanned, pull the data from that sheet and then push the new entries to a separate sheet.
Data Sources are useful for
- Maintaining only one master sheet for all items instead of importing them to all sheets, while ensuring the master sheet remains untouched.
- Adding new entries without surfacing previously entered values, and enabling better control of data entry by applying the Required setting.
Hiding columns of sensitive information by creating a new sheet that only surfaces the necessary columns from the master sheet.
How to add a Data Source
1. Select Integration from the sheet menu:
2. Set the sheet you would like to use as the Data Source:
3. Click save and that's it.