When scanning barcodes and collecting information its often done in a batch or group process, like the locations on assets or the customer that a pallet is shipped to.
Ideally, you only want to enter that common value once and repeat the information for every following scan.
Pinning values lets you do this. Here's how it works:
It's especially useful for
- Picking items off an order or shipment. When sending or receiving goods, you often record the order ID or supplier name for that movement. Pin it and scan all the items under that shared field.
- Location based asset tracking. When entering a room or building, you could enter the room number once and scan all the assets that are based in that location. It could also be useful for assigning conditions to the equipment.
- Section based inventory counts. Scan the warehouse sections or aisle number, pin it and scan all the inventory under that section.
Getting started with pinned fields
- Adding the values to be repeated. The quickest way to use the feature is to scan your first item, add the data needed and decide which fields you want to repeat as you scan.
- Pin the values to the fields. Tap the cogwheel on the right side of the field you want to repeat and tap "Pin value".
- Unpin the values. Once ready to move on to another project, location or order ID, simply tap the cogwheel again and "Unpin value".
Pro tip: turn ON 'Continuous scan' and turn OFF 'Add details after scan' settings to remove the need to open the details screen for every scan. If you already have all the fields pinned, then just scan away.
If you have any questions, just let us know through the live chat or drop us an email@example.com.
- Orca Scan